Wantagh, New York
|Primary Discipline(s)||Road Cycling / Criterium, Mountain Biking, Gravel Cycling, Other|
|Bucket List Race||Representing Team USA at the 2023 World Gran Fondo Championships|
|Post-Race Drink||protein shake or milk shake followed by a quality IPA|
|Off-Day Activity||kayaking, skiing, riding my motorcycle|
My name is Lisa and I am…
- A 38-year-old Latina and Italian woman
- A wife and mother of two young boys
- An educator, teaching adults leadership skills and what it means to be inclusive in an evolving workplace
- A homemaker, that is comfortable doing drywall and remodeling her own kitchen
- An athlete, who only started regularly cycling five years ago thanks to my husband’s encouragement and my doctor’s suggestion to build strength after being on bedrest during my pregnancies
- A competitor who started racing the summer of 2018 moving to elite level by the summer of 2019 and the Current NYS 35-39 TT Champion and Current USA National 35-39 TT Championship. Competing a week after Nationals at Steamboat Gravel among the pros.
- A breast cancer previvor who underwent a double mastectomy the summer of 2020 and multiple reconstruction surgeries from October of 2020-November 2021
- A survivor, a warrior and a winner in more ways than just on a bike
- An advocate willing to use her voice to support and encourage women and men in their pursuit to overcome obstacles and find strength when faced with challenges or simply challenging themselves to grow!